The floating solar power system can be applied to the various types of water area, including the pond, reservoir, lakes, offshore areas, etc. We gonna share some ideas about the advantages and construction points of floating solar system.
The Components of Floating Solar System
The main components of floating solar mounting system includes the solar panels, combiner boxes, inverters, floating solar mounting systems, etc. And the solar panels as well as inverter have a relatively stable price. It is not as same as the solar floating mounting system, which adapts the HDPE as the main material. So the cost of floating solar brackets is 1/4 of that of steel solar brackets.
The Advantages of Floating Solar Power Plant
1. Save the land resources:
With the development of ground solar power plant, there is less and less land resources for solar power stations. Besides, the floating solar power station has no need for digging or ground surface construction, which can save your construction time and cost.
2. Increase the power generation:
Same as other electronics, with higher temperatures, the solar panels come with decreased power outputs. But water will cool the solar panels, which will ensure the efficiency of a solar panel when the temperatures rise. Benefit for the water cooling effect, the power generation of floating solar can be increased by about 11% according to the comparative experiments on a large-scale floating solar plant in Hyogo Prefecture, Japan.
3. Less evaporation and algae bloom:
The shade that the floating solar panels produce can help reduce the presence of algae that blooms and evaporation water loss, which will protect the water resources.
4. Easy to maintain:
Mibet's MRac Floating Solar Mounting System has a special design for maintaince, which is easy to clean and maintain the whole system on its walkway floaters.
5. Avoid the land resources restriction:
The land resources is limited for some countries. So the floating solar power station is another way to make full use of the sunshine and produce electricity without any need for land.
6. Create double economic benefits
Build a solar floating power plant on the fish pond or reservoir can create a double economic benefits and also create a better hatching environment for fish.
7. Tourist spot:
The neatly arranged PV arrays are a scenic spots, attracting many tourists and bringing tourist benefits.
The Construction Points for Floating Solar Station
1. High requirements for the racking system: the floating supporting system need to hold the solar panels on the water for more than 25 years, so it requires the racking system has high corrosion resistance, long lifespan, high load capacity, etc.
2. Higher cost: A floating solar panel installation might require additional costs than more traditional solar panel installations. Because this is a relatively new solar power technology it requires specialized solar power equipment and more niche solar panel installation knowledge.
3. High requirements on the monitoring: the structure stress caused by wind, wave and water flow has to be considered and carefully monitored.
As a new solar power technology, the floating solar has aroused extensive attention. And there are a broad expanse of water in China, so building a floating solar power plant is a good choice.